Together, We Can Make a Difference for Good
Over the past five years, more than 800 United Way of the Wine Country workplace campaigns have raised $10.5MM in support of vital community-based programs and services
TURN DOLLARS INTO CHANGE
Every year, thousands of employees in Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt and Del Norte counties turn dollars into change through United Way’s Workplace Giving. By signing up to make regular payroll donations through United Way of the Wine Country, employees and coworkers collectively raise more money and, in turn, amplify their support of local nonprofits.
INVESTING IN WHAT WORKS
We are focused on the things that matter, serving individuals and families in our shared communities most in need of vital services. In doing so, we work with a network of trusted partners to more effectively address the most pressing issues.
WHERE IT’S NEEDED MOST
Whether designated to a specific nonprofit or one of United Way’s Community Investment Funds, all donations directly support local nonprofits to help them fulfill their urgent missions.
United Way of the Wine Country’s Community Investment Funds include:
- Emergency Readiness Fund: Emergency Readiness Fund helps our community prepare and respond to emergencies, including natural disasters and economic downturns.
- Map One Sonoma: Map One Sonoma awards grants to projects that foster a prosperous, resilient, inclusive, and sustainable Sonoma County.
- Pride United: Pride United awards grants to local trusted partners supporting the LGBTQ+ community.
- Women United: Women United awards grants to community programs supporting the self-sufficiency of women in our region.
UNITED IN OUR WORK
United Way of the Wine Country proudly supports two vital community programs: 211 Sonoma and Free Tax Support, also known as Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! If you wish to help us continue to grow these two programs, please designate your donations to the United We Rise Fund. In addition, the United We Rise Fund also drives our targeted advocacy efforts and related funding opportunities as well as helps provide the necessary support our staff needs to better serve our shared communities. #UnitedWeRise
GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY AND YOUR ORGANIZATION
Running a successful United Way Workplace Giving Campaign helps achieve several important goals around Corporate Social Responsibility:
• Boosts staff engagement and morale
• Develops leadership and cultivates collaboration
• Attracts and retains talented employees
• Enhances your organization’s overall profile
United Way makes it easy to support organizations that are making a real difference in our shared communities!
To learn more about Workplace Giving, contact United Way’s Director of Workplace Giving, Mindy Wright at (707) 528.4485 x115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
It’s easy! Just follow United Way’s step-by-step process:
- Quickly and easily register your place of business on our workplace registration form.
- Share your custom online giving link with your employees.
- Explore our online Workplace Giving Toolkit for fun ways to inspire your team to give!
- Spring (Mar-May) – recommended for organizations operating on a fiscal year.
- Fall (Sep-Nov) – recommended for organizations operating on a calendar year.
- Workplace Giving campaigns are most successful in a two-week window.
- Provides a greater sense of urgency for your employees and leadership
- Allows for a more focused and effective effort by your internal staff
- United Way’s online e-Pledge system is easy to use for all organizations and is our preferred method to receive, track and support employee donations.
- Paper pledges are still available, and we are happy to support this method. Please know, however, paper pledges typically delay deductions and reporting.
- Yes, employees can make one-time donations, but United Way recommends employees sign up for monthly payroll deductions – it’s the most effective way to help nonprofits plan, grow, and fulfill their missions.
- Yes, employees can make donations using a credit card, but donations made through payroll deductions are interest-free and easier for nonprofits to manage.
- A pledge is the total amount an employee donates through scheduled payroll deductions over the course of the year. For example, a $120 pledge equates to $10 a month, or for organizations with 26 pay periods, $4.62 per pay period.
- No. For convenience, recurring pledges continue year to year, unless employees wish to change the amount and/or their designations.
- Yes! CEOs and/or Executive Teams can make corporate gifts or set up corporate matches as part of their company’s campaign.
- Yes! Workplace Giving donations are tax deductible.