Over the past five years, more than 800 United Way of the Wine Country workplace campaigns have raised $10.5MM in support of vital community-based programs and services
TURN DOLLARS INTO CHANGE
Every year, thousands of employees in Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt and Del Norte counties turn dollars into change through United Way’s Workplace Giving. By signing up to make regular payroll donations through United Way of the Wine Country, employees and coworkers collectively raise more money and, in turn, amplify their support of local nonprofits.
When you sign up to make recurring monthly donations, whatever the amount, your consistent support helps make a lasting difference for folks in our shared communities.
Making monthly donations through a Workplace Giving campaign helps…
- Our partner nonprofits more effectively plan and support their clients over time
- Maintain a vital support system in which nonprofits can collaborate and grow
- Foster a culture of giving that encourages more people like you to get involved
WHERE IT’S NEEDED MOST
We are focused on serving individuals and families most in need of vital services.
That’s why we proudly support two vital community programs: the free 211 Sonoma and Free Tax Support, known as Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! To help grow these two programs, please designate donations to the United We Rise Fund.
The United We Rise Fund also helps provide the necessary support our staff need to better serve our shared communities. #UnitedWeRise
GOOD FOR BUSINESS, TOO
Running a successful United Way Workplace Giving Campaign helps:
• Boosts staff engagement and morale
• Develops leadership and cultivates collaboration
• Attracts and retains talented employees
• Enhances your organization’s overall profile
It’s never been easier to launch a Workplace Giving campaign! An organization can register and launch a full campaign in as little as 48 hours. Register TODAY at the link below and explore our online toolkit.
To learn more about Workplace Giving, contact United Way’s Director of Workplace Giving, Mindy Wright at
(707) 528.GIVE x115 or email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
It’s easy! Just follow United Way’s step-by-step process:
- Quickly and easily register your place of business on our workplace registration form.
- Share your custom online giving link with your employees.
- Explore our online Workplace Giving Toolkit for fun ways to inspire your team to give!
- Spring (Mar-May) – recommended for organizations operating on a fiscal year.
- Fall (Sep-Nov) – recommended for organizations operating on a calendar year.
- Workplace Giving campaigns are most successful in a two-week window.
- Provides a greater sense of urgency for your employees and leadership
- Allows for a more focused and effective effort by your internal staff
- United Way’s online e-Pledge system is easy to use for all organizations and is our preferred method to receive, track and support employee donations.
- Paper pledges are still available, and we are happy to support this method. Please know, however, paper pledges typically delay deductions and reporting.
- Yes, employees can make one-time donations, but United Way recommends employees sign up for monthly payroll deductions – it’s the most effective way to help nonprofits plan, grow, and fulfill their missions.
- Yes, employees can make donations using a credit card, but donations made through payroll deductions are interest-free and easier for nonprofits to manage.
- A pledge is the total amount an employee donates through scheduled payroll deductions over the course of the year. For example, a $120 pledge equates to $10 a month, or for organizations with 26 pay periods, $4.62 per pay period.
- No. For convenience, recurring pledges continue year to year, unless employees wish to change the amount and/or their designations.
- Yes! CEOs and/or Executive Teams can make corporate gifts or set up corporate matches as part of their company’s campaign.
- Yes! Workplace Giving donations are tax deductible.