You deserve to keep your money, especially during tax season. United Way’s Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! provides FREE, quality tax return preparation to individuals, families, and seniors who earn $54,000 or less. Being a U.S. citizen is NOT a requirement.
In 2017, Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! brought more than $7.6 million dollars in tax refunds to residents in Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Del Norte counties. Through this United Way led coalition of more than 30 tax preparation sites, more than 5,600 individuals and families were able to file taxes for free between January and May.
Find out if you qualify & schedule your appointment:
Limited services are available outside of regular tax season (February- April).
Upvalley Family Services
1440 Spring Street
St. Helena, CA 94574
Free tax assistance after May 15th 2017
Agency Contact: Norma Godinas
Call for an appointment: 707-963-1919
Free Self – filing Online Services
www.MyFreetaxes.org (Free up to $64,000 combined household income)
The AARP Tax –aide Clinic- Free Tax Clinic in Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park Senior Center
6800 Hunter Drive
Rohnert Park , CA
May 5th through October 13th, 2017
Friday mornings 9:00 am – noon
(closed on May 26th, June 30th, Sept. 1st.)
Drop –in only
What to bring with you to your EKS tax appointment:
Once you know if you qualify for free tax preparation and have scheduled your appointment, be sure to bring all of the following information to your appointment:
1. Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
2. Original Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on tax return (copies accepted). Contact your local Social Security office to make an appointment to order a copy if you cannot find yours prior to your tax appointment.
3. W-2 or 1099-MISC for all jobs held in 2017
4. All 1098’s, 1099’s, 1095-A’s and any other tax forms
5. Voided check or savings account and routing # for directed deposit refund
6. Last year’s tax return (if available)
7. Childcare provider information with name, address, etc.
8. Landlord’s name, address and phone number for renter’s credit
Want to file them at home for free?