You deserve to keep your money, especially during tax season. United Way’s Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! provides FREE, quality tax return preparation to individuals, families, and seniors who earn $54,000 or less. Being a U.S. citizen is NOT a requirement.
Last tax season, Earn It! Keep It! $ave It! brought more than $6.8 million dollars in tax refunds to residents in Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Del Norte counties. Through this United Way led coalition of more than 50 tax preparation sites, more than 5,200 individuals and families were able to file taxes for free between January and May.
Find out if you qualify & schedule your appointment:
To schedule an appointment at one of our many sites, you can either: 1) Dial one of the following numbers based on your county or 2) Click here to self-schedule an appointment online.
Sonoma County: Dial 2-1-1 or 800-325-9604
Mendocino County: 707-467-3236
Lake County: 707-467-3236
Humboldt County: Dial 2-1-1
Del Norte County: 707-441-1001
What to bring with you to your EKS tax appointment:
Once you know if you qualify for free tax preparation and have scheduled your appointment, be sure to bring all of the following information to your appointment:
1. Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
2. Original Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on tax return (copies accepted). Contact your local Social Security office to make an appointment to order a copy if you cannot find yours prior to your tax appointment.
3. W-2 or 1099-MISC for all jobs held in 2015
4. All 1098’s, 1099’s, 1095-A’s and any other tax forms
5. Voided check or savings account and routing # for directed deposit refund
6. Last year’s tax return
7. Childcare provider information with name, address, etc.
8. Landlord’s name, address and phone number for renter’s credit